Prior to contacting us with a suspected defective dongle, please ensure you have complete the following procedure.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows 8, please ensure you are running NetAnalysis v1.57+ or HstEx v3.10+.
- Make sure your USB dongle is inserted directly into a USB slot connected to the main system motherboard. Do not plug the dongle into a USB hub or a USB extension cable. Sometimes if the voltage is low, the USB device may not work correctly.
- Test the USB dongle on another system to ensure the issue is not computer related.
- When the USB dongle is inserted, does the on-board LED light continuously. If it does not light at all there may be a problem with the device. If it flashes, please try inserting the device into another USB slot.
- Select Start » Devices and Printers and check that the USB dongle shows up as an HID Dongle (as shown below).
As a final check, please run the Licence Manager (Start » All Programs » Digital Detective » NetAnalysis » Licence Manager / Start » All Programs » Digital Detective » HstEx » Licence Manager). If the Licence Manager is not installed, re-install NetAnalysis v1.57+ or HstEx v3.10+ and ensure it is selected for installation.
With the USB dongle inserted into a free USB slot, the Licence Manager should show the active dongle in the left hand pane.
Returning a Defective Dongle
Once you have confirmed the USB device is not working using the procedures above, please contact our sales team via email or through our contact form. You will need to provide the serial number of the dongle. Depending on the type of dongle you have, this can be found etched onto the metal USB insert, or displayed on a barcoded label on the rear of the dongle.
Upon receipt of the RMA number from Digital Detective Group, you must promptly ship the returned product to Customer Service at the address below. You should reference the RMA number for faster processing. It is highly recommended that you use a mail/shipping service that provides a tracking number, since it is your responsibility to ensure the safe return of the device to Digital Detective Group.
Please ensure that you have tested the device and have confirmed it is defective. If the dongle is found NOT to be defective, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred. If the USB dongle has been damaged or subjected to usage that is beyond that of normal wear and tear, you will be liable for the cost of replacing the dongle and the return shipping.
Please use the following address:
Digital Detective Group Suite 18, Motis Business Centre Cheriton High Street Folkestone Kent CT19 4QJ ENGLAND