The Software Maintenance Services (SMS) provides a cost effective way to receive technical support, bug fixes and obtain important product updates. The first year of service is included with new product licenses and upgrades. You can continue uninterrupted service in subsequent years by renewing your SMS subscription annually.
Our annual maintenance provides tremendous ongoing value at a fraction of the original purchase price. We are constantly working to further enhance our software. We recommend that you renew your product maintenance prior to the expiration date to ensure that you will continue to have access to product updates, enhancements, new capabilities that we deliver in the products, technical support and much more.
- Access to up-to-date product upgrades (new features, bug fixes and even major enhancements).
- Access to Technical Support.
- Access to major version upgrades (i.e. upgrade from v1 to 2).
- No financial surprises when new versions are released.
Key Points of our Software Maintenance Service
- Initial licence purchases (and upgrades) come with 12 months of Software Maintenance, valid from the purchase date.
- Product version updates are provided free of charge with valid Software Maintenance.
- Extend Software Maintenance period by 1 or more years in advance at any time.
- Software Maintenance should be bought before expiration.
- SMS purchases must be for a minimum of 12 months.
- Expired Software Maintenance can be brought up to date by purchasing the missing time period from when the SMS originally expired and then adding a minimum of 1 year SMS.
After the first year, you have the option to renew your software licence based on an annual subscription basis. If you do not renew your subscription, you will be able to continue using software that was released during your subscription period, but will not be eligible for product updates and new releases after the expiration date. If you decide to renew your SMS at a later date, there will be a penalty.
If the expired SMS period for a licence is greater than 18 months, the licence is no longer eligible to be brought up to date by buying the missing SMS period. In that situation, a licence renewal must be purchased.
Licence renewals can only be purchased for transfer to existing USB licence dongles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Software Maintenance Service (SMS)
- Will my software licence cease after the SMS expiry date? Will I still be able to use the software?
The license is perpetual and you will still be able to use the software. However, you will not be able to enjoy the benefits of technical support and product upgrades. Technical Support is a vital factor when you purchase the software and is required for long-term usage. Product enhancements and upgrades allow you to keep up with the technology improvements and support for the latest operating systems. In the field of digital forensic science, it is extremely important to have access to software which supports the latest developments in technology.
- How often are product releases?
New product features are delivered approximately four times a year. If issues are identified then intermediate fixes will be released as and when required.
- What happens if my Software Maintenance expires?
With a perpetual licence(s), you can continue to use the last available version indefinitely, but access to the benefits of maintenance will not be an option unless you have a current subscription. Your licence will not work with a newer version of the software released after the maintenance subscription has expired. Expired Software Maintenance can be brought up to date by purchasing the missing time period from when the SMS originally expired.
- How do I know when my Software Maintenance Service expires?
This information can be found by selecting Help » About and checking the SMS Expiration date or by viewing the licence information in the Licence Manager.
Am I able to get upgrades if I did not subscribe to the Software Maintenance Service?
Once the maintenance for your licence ends (expires), you are not entitled to the product support benefits, which include upgrades of the software.
- Can I revive an expired Software Maintenance Service plan?
Expired Software Maintenance can be brought up to date by purchasing the missing time period from when the SMS originally expired.
- When does the SMS expire?
If you have purchased a 12 month Software Maintenance Service plan, it will expire at midnight on the expiration date. Any software released after this date will require an updated subscription to work.
Can I renew early?
Yes. You are free to renew your Software Maintenance before it runs out at any time. We will simply start your new maintenance from the date your current contract expires.
- How do I get the latest version of the software?
When you purchase a software licence, you will be sent a link to a page which will always have the latest download links. If you have difficulty receiving the latest version of the software, please contact us and we will provide you with the information you need.
- Can I get another copy of an older version?
We do not guarantee availability of past versions. We recommend you backup your latest installation file if you do not plan to renew maintenance.