We are pleased to announce the release of Blade v1.9.
This release of Blade® brings a number of fixes and some great new features. This is the first release of Blade® to have evaluation capabilities which allow the user to test and evaluate our software for 30 days. When Blade® is installed on a workstation for the first time (and a valid USB dongle licence is not inserted) the software will function in evaluation mode.
The following list contains a summary of the new features:
- Support for Advanced Forensic Format (AFF®)
- Hiberfil.sys converter - supports XP, Vista, Windows 7 32 and 64bit
- Accurate hiberfil.sys memory mapping, not just Xpress block decompression
- Hiberfil.sys slack recovery
- Codepage setting for enhanced multi-language support
- SQLite database recovery
- 30 Day evaluation version of Blade® Professional
- New recovery profile parameters for more advanced and accurate data recovery
- Support for Logicube Forensic Dossier®
- Support for OMA DRM Content Format for Discrete Media Profile (DCF)
We have also been working on the data recovery engines to make them more efficient and much faster than before. The searching speed has been significantly increased.