Blog
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Introduction

This new release sees the removal of the 400 MiB cap on the extraction file size and hopefully resolves the Out of Memory exception that would sometimes occur when recovering very large files. The recovery engine has been re-engineered and is far more stable than with previous releases. It is also considerably quicker in the recovery phase. For a full list of changes for this release, please see the following: Change Log v1.11.

Recovery Engine

One of the goals for this release was to update the Blade® recovery engine. In Blade® v1.10, we updated the search engine with the specific aim of making it much faster and more capable, in that version we introduced parallel processing and an SQLite database back end. In this release, we have re-engineered the recovery/extraction engine and are very pleased to report, we have increased the speed and reliability.

In previous releases, we would sometimes experience Out of Memory exceptions and application hanging when dealing with extremely large files. This issue has now been resolved. Blade® is now considerably more stable during the recovery phase and can deal with extremely large data. As a consequence, we have removed the 400 MiB limit on the maximum file size parameter in the recovery profiles and increased it to 8 GiB.

Recovery Profiles

We are always looking for new and improved recovery profiles to include with Blade®. If you have written a profile and wish to share it, please contact us so we can add it to Blade® in a future release. In Blade® v1.11 we have added some new profiles and updated some existing ones. The Waveform Audio File Format recovery profile has been updated and has been fixed. We have also added profiles for little and big endian TIFF files. 

Change Log

The full change log can be found here: Change Log v1.11

  • No labels