Release Notes and Change Log
The following links will take you to the full release history and change logs for HstEx® v4.
- Change Log v4.12 — This release of HstEx® adds support for another two browsers, namely AVG Secure Browser and Min Browser. We have also added support for thirty-eight new versions of other browsers, as well as enhancing our support for Apple Safari.
- Change Log v4.11 — This release of HstEx® adds support for two browsers which have been designed for the security/privacy market, Avast Secure Browser and CCleaner Browser. We have also added support for seventy-four new versions of other browsers.
- Change Log v4.10 — This release of HstEx® adds support for Microsoft Edge (Chromium) and Opera GX browsers.
- Change Log v4.9 — This release of HstEx® adds support for Basilisk Browser, Epic Privacy Browser, Cốc Cốc Browser and QQ Browser. We have also improved support for many of the existing artefacts.
- Change Log v4.8 — This release of HstEx® adds support for a two new browsers and the processing of Logical Evidence files as a source.
- Change Log v4.7 — This release of HstEx® adds support for a number of new browsers and versions.
- Change Log v4.6 — This release of HstEx® adds support for two new browsers: Opera Neon and Brave. We have also added support for the recovery of Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge Travel Log entries as well as the recovery of Recovery Stores, Tab Sessions and Roaming Tab Sessions. We can also recover Recovery Store/Tab Session files from InPrivate sessions along with images from web page previews/thumbnails.
- Change Log v4.5 — This release of HstEx® adds the ability to recover a number of new artefacts as well as increasing the performance of many of the recovery profiles.
- Change Log v4.4 — This release of HstEx® resolves some issues that may have been encountered during an extraction and adds support for the latest browsers.
- Change Log v4.3 — This version of HstEx® brings official support for installing on Microsoft Windows 10 as well as support for the new Microsoft Edge Legacy browser. We have also added support for recovering Microsoft Edge's new Reading List entries.
- Change Log v4.2 — HstEx® v4.2 brings support for a number of new browsers and artefacts including support for the changes made to the on disk structure of Google Chrome SQLite databases.
- Change Log v4.1 — HstEx® v4.1 brings support for a number of new browsers and artefacts including the changes made in Apple Safari v8. All of the SQLite recovery engines have been updated resulting in an increase in performance and accuracy.
HstEx® v4 is an advanced, Windows-based, multi-threaded, forensic data recovery solution which has been designed to recover deleted browser history and cache data from a variety of source forensic evidence files as well as physical and logical devices.
- Change Log v4.0 — This section contains information relating to HstEx® version 4.0. This is the first public release of HstEx® v4.